OFFERED AT OUR AMHERST PRACTICE WITH THE ALTERG ANTI-GRAVITY TREADMILL
From the AlterG Website:
The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill™ integrates patented, NASA Differential Air Pressure (DAP) technology, a precise air calibration system, and real-time information to change what’s possible in rehab and training. Using a pressurized air chamber to uniformly reduce gravitational load and body weight in precise 1% increments, AlterG enables patients and athletes to move unrestricted and pain-free. No other unweighting technology offers as much freedom, control, and versatility.
ideal for these patients:
FOR ATHLETES: Recovery runs or easy runs at reduced body weight is a great way to get in the fitness but reduce the strain on your joints and muscles. You will feel refreshed and ready to perform on the next run.
FOLLOWING AN INJURY OR FOR REHABILITATION: Get back to running or walking significantly earlier! You can reduce your body weight up to 80% to get back to aerobic and neuromuscular training sooner.
- Stress Fractures
- Hip or knee joint pain
- Back injury
- Muscle Strains
FOR CHRONIC CONDITIONS & OBESITY: Are you struggling to manage chronic pain or to lose weight because pain limits your tolerance to exercise or walking? The AlterG treadmill is ideal to reduce your body weight so that you can accomplish greater physical fitness.chr
benefits of anti-gravity treatment:
- Allows you to move pain-free again.
- Enables weight-bearing exercise sooner while protecting sensitive healing tissues.
- Encourages range of motion, shown to improve outcomes.
- Reduces gravitational forces to help maintain – or regain – healthy conditioning.
- Reduces the barrier to exercise for deconditioned, obese, or otherwise impaired patients.
- Gives you the ability to experience what your healthier self would feel like.
- Enables gradual progression of training to set you up for long-term fitness success.
- Allows you to increase exercise volume while minimizing stress-related workload.