offered at our nashua practice
get the most out of your ride
Cycling is a great way to build fitness and enjoy the outdoors. Unfortunately, 85% of all cyclists experience some form of knee, back, neck/shoulder, and/or saddle pain when riding.
Riding a bike should be pain-free! The first step begins with a professional Bike Fit. There are bike shops offering fitting, but we feel these should be tailored to your musculoskeletal needs. Our MPT in Nashua is a cyclist, has worked with professional athletes, and is well-adept at clinical bike fittings. Check out his bio here: Shad Hansen.
who would benefit from a bike fit?
Whether you race, commute, tour, grind gravel, ride tandem or just ride for fitness, a professional bike fitting can help you ride more and hurt less! Each Bike Fit is individualized based on your needs and goals as a cyclists. Specific applications are also available and include:
- Endurance positioning for on/off-road cycling
- Aero positioning for Time Trial and Triathlon
- Mountain bike positioning for Cross Country and Downhill
the clinical bike fit
- Review of medical and training history
- Musculoskeletal evaluation as it pertains to each cyclist’s specific demands
- A brief warm up performed on a stationary resistance trainer
- Static and dynamic evaluation examining posture, pedaling mechanics and overall position on the bike
- Retrofit of equipment as needed
- Medical intervention when indicated
- Instruction with adaptive exercises when necessary
frequently asked questions
This service can be covered by health insurance; however, we need to first determine ‘medical necessity’ by performance of a Physical Therapy Evaluation. Please call or email us for more information.
Our cash pay rates are as follows:
- Basic Bike Fit (block pedals or toe clips): $100
- Complete Bike Fit (incl. adjustment of clipless pedal systems): $150
- Aero/Triathlon/Tandem Fit: $200
- Follow up’s for continued adjustment and fine tuning of fit: $75
Or call the Nashua office at 603-889-0177
Bring a clean bike and shoes/cleats! Bring your typical cycling attire (shoes, helmet, gloves, cycling shorts, etc.)
Please note: we do not sell bicycle equipment (saddles, bars, stem’s, etc.) If the optimal position requires replacement of your existing components, we’ll make recommendations for parts and a reputable bike shop to assist you in achieving your Bike Fit goals.