by Apple Therapy
Summer Strawberry Spinach Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
This refreshing, easy-to-make summertime salad is packed with excellent energy foods like spinach and sunflower seeds.
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1 pound strawberries (hulled & sliced)
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 6 ounces (1 ½ cups) raspberries, fresh OR frozen & thawed
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, or another light, neutral oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey, more or less, to taste, depending on sweetness of berries
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Add raspberries, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to mini food processor (or full-sized food processor or blender).
- Process until all ingredients are smooth.
- Taste and adjust honey and/or salt, if necessary.
- Set dressing aside.
- Combine baby spinach and strawberries in a salad bowl. Toss the strawberries and spinach with the dressing.
- Top the salad with toasted sesame and sunflower seeds.
- Add in fresh blueberries or raspberries or your favorite protein or feta cheese to make this salad a complete meal!