by Apple Therapy
Oven Roasted Salmon with Lemon Basil Rice
Total Time: 20 min
- 2 salmon filets, 6 oz each
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 deg (F).
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil or spray with cooking spray.
- Place salmon filets on cooking tray, skin side down, brush olive oil on top.
- Mix spices together first and season the salmon.
- Bake 450 deg (F) for 12-16 min until internal temperature is at least 145 deg (F).
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- salt & pepper
- Heat chicken broth, water, lemon juice and butter over medium heat.
- Once boiling add rice, salt & pepper.
- Cover with lid, reduce heat to low, cook for 20 min.
- Remove from burner, keep covered for 5 min.
- Sprinkle chopped basil on top.
Add your favorite vegetable on the side (sautéed asparagus, steamed broccoli, etc.) and ENJOY!